5-Star Solid Safety Pool Covers are constructed using 14 oz. coated vinyl with heavy duty springs that stretch to accommodate the weight of winter precipitation.
Why coated vinyl instead of laminated vinyl? The difference is important.
Laminated vinyl basically sandwiches a fabric scrim between two outer layers of vinyl. Over time, these layers can separate, and the vinyl layer exposed to sun and weather may deteriorate. In contrast, the coated vinyl process essentially dips the fabric scrim in a bath of vinyl, ensuring the vinyl seeps into the scrim to create a superior bond that outwears, and outlasts, laminated vinyl. For safety pool cover applications where sun, rain, snow, ice, wind, and debris mount an attack month-after-month on a pool cover, coated vinyl is the optimal material.
What makes the 5-Star Solid Safety Cover unique?
The 5-Star Solid Safety Pool Cover from Anchor Industries features 360 degree tensioning using Solid Vinyl Tensioning Paddles (SVTP). This 360 degree tensioning dynamic pulls the cover taut from the center outwards for maximum strength and protection. Each SVTP holds up to 3,400 lbs in a straight line pull test! When SVTP are welded into place, it eliminates stitching in the cover body- stitching which creates stress points that can weaken a solid pool cover over time.
The cover attaches to deck anchors with heavy-duty straps, plus Anchor’s D-ring system that outlasts plastic clips. With a perfectly smooth surface, debris blows easily off the cover. Brass anchors recess flush with the deck, when not in use.
5-Star Safety Pool Covers featuring SVTP technology can be installed on pools up to 1,300 square feet in surface area. For pools over 1,300 square feet, the Anchor Classic Solid is the ideal choice.
Included Standard Hardware: Brass Anchors, Stainless Steel Springs, Spring Tool, Spring Skids, Storage Bag
5-Star Solid Safety Pool Cover Features & Benefits:
- 360 degree tensioning
- 14 oz. vinyl coated material
- Includes choice of automatic pump or mesh drain panel
- Easy clean-up and maintenance
- Manufactured using RF welders – increasing the cover’s overall strength by eliminating perforations caused by sewing
- No cross webbing – debris can dry up and blow freely off the cover
- Pulls tight over the pool’s surface – resulting in a smooth and pristine appearance
- Each web has a tensile strength of more than 3400 lbs.
- Covers pools up to 1300 sq. ft.
- Paddles welded on around the perimeter – spacing every 3-4 ft. means less brass anchors needed
- Limited 10-year warranty
- Standard 1′-6″ overlap
Manufactured to meet ASTM F1346-91 Safety Standards
14oz Coated Vinyl Available In:TanBrownGrayGreenBlueCharcoal
* Web colors may not accurately match actual pool cover color. For a more accurate color sample, call us to receive a color swatch card.